With over half of Americans holding a belief in young earth creationism, I guess it shouldn’t surprise me that Glenn Beck is right on their wavelength. His incredulousness about science is in contrast with the gullibility that led him to convert to Mormonism, one of the weirder Christian faiths. Here he is on yesterday’s edition of his radio show. He can’t believe that we came from monkeys. Listening to Glenn Beck, I sure can.
Wow. What a crank. I love how they point to the lack of transitional fossils between ape and man. Of course, that is absurd. Lucy is thought to be an early bipedal ape that is an ancestor to us. Her discovery is a massive confirmation of the sensible view of human evolution. Their response to Lucy:
ReplyDeletePiltdown man was a hoax.
What? Ummm, red herring anyone?
Also, the "40 years" that Piltdown man was thought to be an actual fossil ended almost 60 years ago. Enormous amounts of fossil evidence supporting ape-to-human evolution have been discovered.
ReplyDeleteI also liked "How come humans aren't evolving today?". Apparently he has been listening to Christine O'Donnel.